Ju-Jitsu is a highly practical and effective art of self-defence. It can be classified as the art of defence without weapons against an attacker or group of attackers who may be armed or unarmed.
Ju-Jitsu is an art that can be enjoyed by women, men and children of all ages. The effectiveness of Ju-Jitsu is proven when we realise that it is one of the oldest forms of Martial Arts and has been in existence for many hundreds of years.
The practicality of Ju-Jitsu is reflected in the various techniques that are used which blend into a highly disciplined approach to this art of self-defence.
What does Ju-Jitsu do for you?
The art of Ju-Jitsu comprises the following types of techniques and allows you to defend yourself:
- Joint Locks
- Ground Defences & Grappling
- Weapon Defences
- Defences against multiple attackers and more.
Ju-Jitsu is perfect for self defence as it teaches the use of minimum force to control situations, you do not have to be young or super fit, it is an activity for all ages and abilities.
The objectives of Ju-Jitsu
- are to provide you with the ability to effectively defend yourself and to give you the confidence and mental strength to face the realities of life
- to provide you with self discipline, initiative and the skill to overcome a threat
- such skills also assist you in your personal and work life. Ju-Jitsu provides the confidence to make decisions and act to control a situation.
The benefits of Ju-Jitsu are many and varied. Ju-Jitsu provides you with the knowledge of how to:
- Maintain physical fitness and exercise
- Become self disciplined
- Throw an attacker
- Fall and not get hurt
- Overcome an attacker by using various wrist, arm and leg locks
- Defend yourself against more than one attacker
- Defend yourself against an armed attacker
- Obtain mental health
- Become self-sufficient.